Our Cranx Program is at capacity.
Our Cranx Program kicked off on Saturday with 37 pedalling dynamos. Typically, they ride from Kinsmen on Tuesdays 6:00 - 7:30 pm, with both competitive and recreational streams.
In the future, the Cranx Competitive stream will race in Fat Tire Tuesdays. The Cranx Recreational stream will continue with group rides.
Look for CRANX registration to be liveFebruary 15th on Zone 4!
The 2016 inaugural Juventus Cranx Program was a complete success. It addressed young cyclists age 11 - 15 years interested having fun while learning and developing mountain bike skills.
Registration for the 2017 Cranx Program will begin in the spring of 2017 . . . stay tuned!
- September 10th: Argyll Velodrome
- September 17th: Nellie McLung Park (Old Timers Cabin)
- September 24th: Devon Bike Park
- October 1st: Sunridge Ski Hill
- October 8th: Argyll Velodrome for the big finale
Sprockids/Cranx/LAMP Fall 2016 Open for Registration!
I hope that you and your family are having a fabulous summer. And now the good news, or unfortunate news depending on how much you like summer, fall cycling is only a few weeks away! The best riding of the year as far as I’m concerned. Our fall program will run from Sept 10 to Oct 8 this fall.
- DATES: Saturdays, 9:30 AM to Noon, Sept 10th through Oct 8th
- AGE REQUIREMENTS: Sprockids/Cranx/LAMP kids must be between 8 and 14 as at December 31, 2016.
FRIEND REQUESTS: We always honour friend requests, so your child will be riding with friends.
REGISTRATION LINK: As with last year, you can register multiple riders from the same family on a single checkout.
- ABILITY: we will be creating a number of groups based on riding ability (after friend requests have been honoured), so your child will be riding with kids of similar ability.
- EQUIPMENT: your child must have a multi-speed mountain bike and a certified helmet. Also recommended are bicycling gloves and a backpack with water, snack, and a cold/wet weather jacket.
- BICYCLE: Please ensure that your child's bicycle is tuned and ready to ride. A multi-speed bicycle with working brakes and gears is required at a minimum (your child must have the physical ability to change the gears and work both the front & rear brakes
We are looking for Parent Assistants to ride with the kids again this fall. As always we will need to have Parent Assistants insured by the Alberta Bicycle Association. Please contact me if you are interested in riding with us this year.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your Cranx, LAMP or Sprockid this fall.
Juventus Cycling Club Sprockids Program
What better way to spend a rainy day than on some slick skinnies at the velodrome!
We have two session left – Tuesday and Saturday. The schedule is below:
June 21, 2016
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Argyll Park, Mill Creek Ravine
June 25, 2016
9:30 AM - Noon
Argyll Park, Mill Creek Ravine
We will run both sessions from Argyll. The Saturday session will include a post-ride BBQ and report cards.
Looking forward to seeing you all this week for a final couple of days of mountain biking!
We are in Devon again on Tuesday for Trailblazers #5, hosted by the Devon Bicycle Association and our friends in the Bears program. Cranx, this is our regular Tuesday ride. Sprockids, this is an optional race for you.
Note the schedule change from our usual Tuesday times: Sign-on starts at 5PM and racing goes at 6PM. The cost is $10 per rider. Note, this is also the Alberta Summer Games qualifier race for Zone 5 athletes. Click here for the Zone map.
Important: there will be FREE HOT DOGS for racers AND ALL spectators, so it is a good race to bring some “fans”
And....bouncy castle onsite for the kids.
The fourth Trailblazers race of the season is running on Tuesday evening at Terwillegar Park. This one is hosted by Prairie Girls Racing.
Sign-on starts at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 7:00 PM. Cost is $5 per rider.
Cranx families – our Tuesday ride will be at Terwillegar. We will have racing and non-racing options.
See you there!
Thanks to all of the Cranx and Sprockid families who made Saturday such a wonderful first day of cycling. The Spring 2016 program promises to be a blast for all involved.
An incredible view of all the action!
Our first day is Saturday April 30th at the Argyll Velodrome Juventus clubhouse at 9:30 am. There will be many excited kids, parents, minders, coaches and assistants. Relax and enjoy the morning.
Our inaugural Cranx program has officially opened its registration on Zone4. The program is ideal for kids 11 - 15 who are looking to improve their mountain biking skills and experience an introduction to racing.
The registration on Zone4 can be found here: