Our 2018 Sprockids registration is now full.
Get ready for a season of cycling fun! Registration for the Juventus Sprockids' spring session opens on Zone 4 on February 17th!
Our 2017 spring and fall Sprockids' programs were successful, with a lot of learning, riding, and fun. Please look for 2018 registration to be on Zone 4 in the spring.
Our Sprockids Program is at capacity.
The 2017 edition of Sprockids started off with 150 enthusiastic young cyclists - ready to meet spring, and the trails in Edmonton, on one of the better weather days this April.
For the next two months these budding mountain bikers will learn new skills, maneuvers, and build confidence on their bikes - preparing them for a summer of riding.
Our Sprockids Program continues to be extremely popular, and is now at capacity.
February 15th on Zone 4 to be more precise. Look under Sprockids.
Our Juventus Sprockids Program registration will begin in the spring of 2017 . . . stay tuned!
- September 10th: Argyll Velodrome
- September 17th: Nellie McLung Park (Old Timers Cabin)
- September 24th: Devon Bike Park
- October 1st: Sunridge Ski Hill
- October 8th: Argyll Velodrome for the big finale
Sprockids/Cranx/LAMP Fall 2016 Open for Registration!
I hope that you and your family are having a fabulous summer. And now the good news, or unfortunate news depending on how much you like summer, fall cycling is only a few weeks away! The best riding of the year as far as I’m concerned. Our fall program will run from Sept 10 to Oct 8 this fall.
- DATES: Saturdays, 9:30 AM to Noon, Sept 10th through Oct 8th
- AGE REQUIREMENTS: Sprockids/Cranx/LAMP kids must be between 8 and 14 as at December 31, 2016.
FRIEND REQUESTS: We always honour friend requests, so your child will be riding with friends.
REGISTRATION LINK: As with last year, you can register multiple riders from the same family on a single checkout.
- ABILITY: we will be creating a number of groups based on riding ability (after friend requests have been honoured), so your child will be riding with kids of similar ability.
- EQUIPMENT: your child must have a multi-speed mountain bike and a certified helmet. Also recommended are bicycling gloves and a backpack with water, snack, and a cold/wet weather jacket.
- BICYCLE: Please ensure that your child's bicycle is tuned and ready to ride. A multi-speed bicycle with working brakes and gears is required at a minimum (your child must have the physical ability to change the gears and work both the front & rear brakes
We are looking for Parent Assistants to ride with the kids again this fall. As always we will need to have Parent Assistants insured by the Alberta Bicycle Association. Please contact me if you are interested in riding with us this year.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your Cranx, LAMP or Sprockid this fall.
Juventus Cycling Club Sprockids Program
We have one session left – this Saturday! The schedule is below:
June 25, 2016
9:30 AM - Noon
Argyll Park, Mill Creek Ravine
So we will be back at the velodrome for our final day. The Saturday session will include apron races on the track, a post-ride BBQ, and report cards.
Looking forward to seeing you all this week for a final day of mountain biking!
We are in Devon again on Tuesday for Trailblazers #5, hosted by the Devon Bicycle Association and our friends in the Bears program. Cranx, this is our regular Tuesday ride. Sprockids, this is an optional race for you.
Note the schedule change from our usual Tuesday times: Sign-on starts at 5PM and racing goes at 6PM. The cost is $10 per rider. Note, this is also the Alberta Summer Games qualifier race for Zone 5 athletes. Click here for the Zone map.
Important: there will be FREE HOT DOGS for racers AND ALL spectators, so it is a good race to bring some “fans”
And....bouncy castle onsite for the kids.
The fourth Trailblazers race of the season is running on Tuesday evening (June 7th) at Terwillegar Park. This one is hosted by Prairie Girls Racing.
Sign-on starts at 6:00 PM and racing starts at 7:00 PM. Cost is $5 per rider.
See you there!
With 147 kids, 10 coaches, and 79 parent assistants, the Sprockids program launched with controlled chaos on Saturday.
Welcome to the 90 families who are new to Juventus. We are so happy to have you as part of the club.
Our first day is Saturday April 30th at the Argyll Velodrome Juventus clubhouse at 9:30 am. There will be many excited kids, parents, minders, coaches and assistants. Relax and enjoy the morning.