Juventus Cycling Club Mission Statement
Our mission is to raise awareness of cycling by promoting, developing, and mentoring cyclists of all ages with a love of cycling,
to become the best cyclists they can be - with a sense of honour, camaraderie, community spirit, and a healthy respect for competition.
Our goal is to enjoy the ride, for the sake of the ride, because you just never know where it will take you.
Juventus Cycling Club Code of Behaviour
The purpose of this code is to establish behaviour expectations for all club members.
Our core principles guide expectations of behaviour in relationship to the public,
the competitive behaviour of Juventus riders, as well as member conduct within Juventus Cycling Club.
Adhering to these core principles is the responsibility of each club member.
Treat people with respect, dignity, and fairness.
Communicate in a timely and appropriate manner.
Take responsibility for your actions.
Respect confidentiality and privacy.
Consider risks to maximize safety.
Safety - All road, track, and off-road club rides are to be held with safety as a priority: rider safety, safety of the general public, and safety of race officials and race volunteers. Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by relevant authorities while on individual or group training rides, or as instructed during sanctioned races. Share the trail and respect the rights and safety of other trail users.
Listen to and respect the instructions of the designated ride leader or coach on club training rides.
Respect the jersey - Wear team kit proudly on all group training rides, and races. Riders are encouraged to wear team kit (clean and in good condition) on all training rides to promote the club and set an example of responsible cycling to the general public.
Sportsmanship – Race with integrity and to the best of your ability, race as a team, win with grace and lose with dignity. Abide by the rules of competition in both letter and spirit. Show respect toward your competitors.
Nurture/foster - Do your best to assist the development and education of all club riders, regardless of level or age. Encourage and respect your club mates. Welcome new riders.
Volunteer - Give back to the sport as best you can. Support our races and events. Participate.
Juventus Cycling Club - Violence Prevention and Response Guideline
The purpose of this guideline is to foster a respectful and supportive environment within the club,
including strategies for the prevention and response to all forms of violence.
● Juventus is committed to providing a respectful, secure, safe, and supportive environment to ensure the well-being of all members. All forms of violence/harassment will not be tolerated.
● Juventus expects each member to behave in accordance with the Juventus Code of Behaviour.
● Juventus understands that members will have differing opinions. Respectful discussion is expected.
● The Juventus Board may act when a member’s conduct is not within the Juventus Code of Behaviour
● The Juventus Board will take action in an objective manner, to address a report of all forms of violence/harassment. There will be no retribution for anyone who reports in good faith.
Reporting an Incident
● Incidents of violence/harassment must be formally reported to the Board of Juventus Cycling Club.
● Incidents involving a breach of the Juventus Code of Behaviour must be formally reported to the Board of Juventus Cycling Club.
● All reasonable efforts shall be made by all parties to maintain confidentiality of allegations, except where disclosure is required:
o To conduct a full and proper investigation
o To protect the safety of an individual
● Reports of violence shall be made in good faith and be based on reasonable grounds. Allegations may initially be made in confidence.
● Intentionally making false, bad faith, or malicious allegations may result in action leading to revocation of club membership, privileges, restrictions and banishment from club property, facilities, functions and events.
● Retaliation against a reporter will be investigated and may lead to revocation of club membership, privileges, restrictions and banishment from club property, facilities, functions and events.
Investigating an Incident
● When an incident is reported a member of the board, or a general member will be assigned to initiate an investigation.
● The investigation will objectively collect facts through interview and other appropriate means: including utilization of the suite of tools listed in the linked incident investigation protocol document.
● The board will cooperate with any external agencies that may conduct an investigation.
● The board may investigate suspected incidents of violence in the absence of a formally reported event.
● The board will identify and implement actions to remedy and follow up the complaint.
● At the conclusion of the investigation:
o The respondent will be notified of the investigation’s conclusions and further actions.
o The complainant will be notified of the investigation’s conclusions and general outcome.
o A reported incident may be forwarded, as required by law, to external agencies - including law enforcement - if there is concern a law has been broken.
● A member found to have committed an incident of violence/harassment, or having made a complaint in bad faith, may be subject to disciplinary actions at the discretion of the board. These actions may result in action leading to revocation of club membership, privileges, restrictions, and/or banishment from club property, facilities, functions and events.
● A member found to have exhibited conduct that contradicts the Juventus Code of Behaviour, or having made a complaint in bad faith, may be subject to disciplinary actions at the discretion of the board. These actions may result in action leading to revocation of club membership, privileges, restrictions, and/or banishment from club property, facilities, functions and events.