I hope that you and your family had a fantastic summer.
Starting today, we have opened registration for the 2018 Fall Program. The program will build on the skills learned during the spring program, while allowing the Sprockids and LAMP kids to experience many more riding parks in the city.
The Fall 2018 Program will be a travelling experience, with the kids riding at least 3 different parks in 5 weeks.
· DATES: Saturdays, 9:30 AM to Noon, September 8th through October 6rd (weather permitting).
· VENUE: each ride will take place at a different cycling park - Argyll Velodrome, Terwilligar, Devon, Sunridge (Hopefully), and Argyll for Wrap-up Racing.
· AGE REQUIREMENTS: Sprockids and LAMP kids must be at least 8 years old on December 31, 2018.
· SIGNUP PROCEDURE: sign up on Zone4.ca (look for the Sprockids / LAMP Fall 2018 Registration under Club Registrations)
· FRIEND REQUESTS: we always honour friend requests, so your child will be riding with their friends.
· ABILITY: we will be creating a number of groups based on riding ability (after friend requests have been honoured), so your child will be riding with kids of similar ability.
· EQUIPMENT: your child must have a multi-speed mountain bike and a certified helmet. Also recommended are bicycling gloves and a backpack with water, snack, and a cold/wet weather jacket.
· BICYCLE: Please ensure that your child's bicycle is tuned and ready to ride. A multi-speed bicycle with working brakes and gears is required at a minimum (your child must have the physical ability to change the gears and work both the front & rear brakes).
Here is the link to the registration system on Zone4. As with last year, you can register multiple kids from the same family on a single checkout.
We are looking for Parent Assistants to ride with the kids again this fall. As always we will need to have Parent Assistants insured by the Alberta Bicycle Association. Juventus will cover the cost of the insurance, but we will need all Parent Assistants to register with the club. Please contact me if you are interested in riding with us this year.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your Sprockid this fall.
Juventus Cycling Club Sprockids Program