Bikes are assigned and our LAMP is running. Note your group schedule and ensure you are on time!
Only a few spots remain in the Juventus LAMP, our development program for young cyclists 11 - 15 years of age.
The 13th season of the Lori-Ann Muenzer Program opens February 15th on Zone 4.
Registration for the The Lori-Ann Muenzer Program will be open, on Zone 4, in the spring of 2018. Stay tuned!
LAMP starts on Saturday May 6. If you can - ride, or walk to the velodrome because parking will be nigh impossible.
C3 9:15 - 10:30 am
C2 10:30 - 11:45 am
C1/LAMP+ 11:45 am - 1:00 pm
If you are not sure of your grouping, or what time you start, contact Bill firstname.lastname@example.org
February 15th, LAMP registration is live on Zone 4. Look under LAMP!
The 2017 Lori-Ann Muenzer Program (LAMP) will begin accepting registrations in the spring of 2017. See you then!
- September 10th: Argyll Velodrome
- September 17th: Nellie McLung Park (Old Timers Cabin)
- September 24th: Devon Bike Park
- October 1st: Sunridge Ski Hill
- October 8th: Argyll Velodrome for the big finale
Sprockids/Cranx/LAMP Fall 2016 Open for Registration!
I hope that you and your family are having a fabulous summer. And now the good news, or unfortunate news depending on how much you like summer, fall cycling is only a few weeks away! The best riding of the year as far as I’m concerned. Our fall program will run from Sept 10 to Oct 8 this fall.
- DATES: Saturdays, 9:30 AM to Noon, Sept 10th through Oct 8th
- AGE REQUIREMENTS: Sprockids/Cranx/LAMP kids must be between 8 and 14 as at December 31, 2016.
FRIEND REQUESTS: We always honour friend requests, so your child will be riding with friends.
REGISTRATION LINK: As with last year, you can register multiple riders from the same family on a single checkout.
- ABILITY: we will be creating a number of groups based on riding ability (after friend requests have been honoured), so your child will be riding with kids of similar ability.
- EQUIPMENT: your child must have a multi-speed mountain bike and a certified helmet. Also recommended are bicycling gloves and a backpack with water, snack, and a cold/wet weather jacket.
- BICYCLE: Please ensure that your child's bicycle is tuned and ready to ride. A multi-speed bicycle with working brakes and gears is required at a minimum (your child must have the physical ability to change the gears and work both the front & rear brakes
We are looking for Parent Assistants to ride with the kids again this fall. As always we will need to have Parent Assistants insured by the Alberta Bicycle Association. Please contact me if you are interested in riding with us this year.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your Cranx, LAMP or Sprockid this fall.
Juventus Cycling Club Sprockids Program
LAMP - groupings for road and mountain remain fluid based on coach feedback and other requests. As we move into the summer months, there is a higher likelihood that groups are combined so having "set" groups becomes less of a priority. The objective is to try as best as possible to have riders of similar technical ability and fitness together leading to a positive experience for all riders.
Two changes of location to note
Sat July 9 Road Bikes 0930-1200. New location is Devon for Hill Climb
Sat July 16 Mountain Bikes 0930-1200. New location is AVA
Thanks, Bill 780.934.1558
A couple of venue changes for LAMP Rides
Sat Jul 9 0930-1200 New location is Devon. Meet in the City Center Mall. Road Bikes
Sat Jul 16 0930-1200 New location is Argyll Velodrome. Mountain bikes
LAMP bikes are assigned and the program is running according your schedules.
Always have a filled water bottle when you go to ride. Have a spare tube and small pump along in case of a flat. A small snack will keep you smiling. Be a good ambassador for cycling when you ride.
Hello and welcome to the Lori-Ann Muenzer Program 2016. If you are returning from last year, thanks for coming back. If you are new to LAMP, thanks for taking this step in your cycling journey. We are introducing an early start to the year and some exciting program enhancements for 2016. To kick things off we are holding an information and question session in March. This evening will have something for everyone – new and experienced LAMP riders. Attendance is strongly encouraged, but if you can’t make it drop me a line with any questions you have.
Dates to circle:
Juventus Program Night – Monday March 14 1900-2030.
LAMP bike fit – Thursday April 14 1830-2030
First LAMP track day Saturday April 30