Join us this spring for an incredible cycling program for 8-to-11 year old children that will build skills, confidence, and a love of cycling. The Sprockids Introduction to Cycling program is an 8 week program designed to build skills in riding, safety, etiquette, and bicycle maintenance. Your child will learn the finer points of riding and handling his or her mountain bike. Each Sprockid will ride trails, climb and descend hills, learn to jump over bumps, and ride an obstacle course. Kids will be grouped to ride with other kids of similar skills, abilities, and bicycle size. Friend requests are always honoured!
$150 + $40 ABA Insurance (Spring Program)
- 2017 Juventus Cycling Club Membership
- 8 weeks of adventure and cycling happiness
- A Sprockids T-Shirt and water bottle
- Alberta Bicycle Association Insurance
- A wrap-up BBQ in June
Program Dates & Location:
- Saturdays - 9:30 AM - Noon
- April TBD - June TBD (No class Victoria Day weekend)
- Argyll Velodrome: 6850-88 Street, Edmonton
- Learn-to-cycle program geared to children ages 8 to 11
- We teach cycling skills, safety, etiquette, riding skill, and bicycle maintenance
- We encourage life skills with goal setting, problem-solving and decision-making
- Coaches promote positive values, respect for others, empathy, appreciation and responsibility for the environment
- Cycling ability and financial means are not a concern as we lend bikes and helmets to children that do not have their own
- To be determined
FAQs about the Sprockids Program
- AGE REQUIREMENTS - Sprockids must be between 8 and 11 as of December 31, 2017.
- SIGNUP PROCEDURE - general registration opens in February 2017.
- FRIEND REQUESTS - we always honour friend requests, so your child will be riding with friends.
- ABILITY - we will be creating a number of groups based on riding ability (after friend requests have been honoured), so your child will be riding with kids of similar ability.
- EQUIPMENT: your child must have a multi-speed mountain bike with working brakes. Your child must be physically able to change gears and work the front and rear brakes. A certified properly fitted helmet is required. Also recommended are bicycling gloves and a backpack that contains water, snack, and a cold/wet weather jacket.
Parent Volunteers Needed!
We are looking for a few parents to ride along with the groups as Parent Assistants. Please indicate your interest on the Sprockids signup form.
Paul Wyminga, Director